Kulkue is a joint project between three Finnish art festivals. ANTI – Contemporary Art Festival (Kuopio), Hangö Teaterträff (Hanko), and Baltic Circle (Helsinki) create an exceptionally large-scale series of Finnish co-productions along with related tours.
The project’s central goal is to promote the accessibility of the festivals and to prolong the life cycle of the performances. The project is financed by the Finnish Cultural Foundation.
During 2022–2024, seven new performing arts works will be produced. The works will premier at one of the festivals, after which they will tour the other two. The seven chosen artists and working groups are:
- Tea Andreoletti
- 4 FLOORS OF WHORES (Emilia Jansson, Riku-Pekka Kellokoski, Herman Nyby & Astrid Stenberg)in collaboration with director Lara Magdalena Tacke
- Piste Kollektiivis Työmaa working group (Riikka Vuorenmaa, Maarit Utriainen, Sebastian López-Lehto & Laura Rekilä)
- Sonja Jokiniemi & Emma Fält
- Mira Eskelinen, Frank Stankiewicz & Miranda Kastemaa
- Henriikka Himma & working group Sofia Palillo, Leissi Rehn, Julia Lappalainen & Kaisa Karvinen
- Pia Sirén, Ilona Valkonen (Vieno Motors) & Mirella Pendolin